Thursday, August 11, 2005

AKYAT-BAHAY


It was minutes before 3 in the morning when I found my most comfortable position that drove me to sleep. As I was in ecstacy, I heard a very familiar sound --- the ring tone of my cell phone! Am I still dreaming? Hell no! Darn! I have to wake up? Close-eyed, my hand started to search my ever-disturbing gadget. Whoa! Wait! Where in the world is it? So, I opened my eyes, but it's still dark. I presumed it's still wee hours in the morning and everyone's still asleep. Krrriinngg... kkrrriiiiinnnnggg... S@#-! Where in the world is that?! God I really can't find it! I was getting sick of it when I remembered that I was on the third deck near the window. Huh? Could it be... Wait... I was already getting worried so I went downstairs and asked one of my boardmates who's always an early bird if he heard something fell on the roof. "Yes, I heard something. Sa bubong ba?" Damn it! My cell phone's on the roof and it's still ringing!!! And we have really close neighbors. the clock read 4:30 AM. Mixed emotions engulf me at the moment --- the irritable side, because I thought I could have a good rest since my class will start 5 in the afternoon; the worried side, for it's rainy season and the sky projects dark clouds and my cell phone might be washed by rain and be short circuited; and the embarassed side, which I think is justifiably implied.

I looked outside from my bed's view, but I still can't find it. I even used my boardmate's cell phone to trace where was it but I still can't find a lighting gadget. I was starting to get head-twisted on what shall I do! Imagine, it was early in the morning and my phone is out there unaware that he might die just in case the rain poured? Oh God!

And so I gathered a lot of courage and looked at the foor from my window's view again and searched where the hotpoint is, where I will start climbing to the roof.

And I did it. 4:15 in the early, damp morning and there I was, like an AKYAT BAHAY climbing the roof. Since our apartment is triplex, and our very own is in the center, I have to pass on one roof before reaching ours. I removed my slippers but still I created noise. To drive our neighbor's attention, and let their sleep continue, I mimicked the cry of a cat. When I reached our roof, I had to gie my phone a ring to find it for it's still dark. Surprisingly, and agitatedly, I can't find it. I reckon it's vibrating and I just followed the sound and the vibrations... and whalla! I found it concealed itself under the cover of the gutter and oh my... it's really close to falling to it. As I reached for it, I was laughing at myself. "This is embarassing, I said.

It was my time to go down --- a hard part again! I was close to fully reaching the end of the roof, when one of our neighbors lit their lights. So I mimicked the cat again and meow as good as I could.

As I reached the ground, I learned another lesson, I can be an effective member of the AKYAT-BAHAY GANG...

1 Comments:

Blogger xtine_wanderlust said...

jhoan: ang cool nman ng ngyari syo. bakit nman nsa bubong ang celfone mo? hehe! buti nlang di n2luyan na mlaglag..kung hndi.. tsk.tsk.! pero oo nga pwede ka akyat-bahay ha..jowk!=p thanks for the link nga pla..nlink ndin kita!=p

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home